Learn the ins and outs of shopping in Nicaragua. We know the best places to find what you are looking for, whether it is in our beautiful resorts or in the local shops.
GROCERY OPTIONS (CLOSEST TO FARTHEST):
• Veggie truck delivers to Hacienda Iguana on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Their hours are inconsistent but they can usually be found at the Beach Club in the late afternoons.
• San Martin meat delivery.
Brings chicken, beef, steak, pork, milk, cheese, and eggs. They come Tuesday and Friday afternoons to the commercial center but place your order the night before (Javier: 8450-0099).
• Manuel (8649-7973 or 8580-9746) can deliver fresh sh/seafood to your house upon request. Order early to get the first pick and expect tardiness.
• Cesar’s pulperia is located in the Hacienda Iguana commercial center.
Sells a wide variety snacks, medicines, alcohol, fruits, and basic amenities. He is open Monday through Saturday 9am to 4pm and 7pm to 9:30pm (hours may vary).
• The Rios Market is located in the Hacienda Iguana commercial center. Sells a variety of nonperishable goods, basic grocery items, alcohol, and
ice cream. They are open Monday through Sunday 7:30am to 8:00pm.
• The Riveria Market is located 300 meters south of the main gate to Iguana. This full-service market offers everything (meals, snacks, alcohol, medicine, personal products, and much more) and delivers to your property. They are open 8:30am to 8pm everyday
• MaxiPali is a full-service grocery store.
Additionally, they offer household items and a small pharmacy. It is located in Rivas (about an hour drive) and open 9am to 9pm Monday through Sunday. *45 minute drive from Hacienda Iguana.